We are officially approved to deliver training for
Valentin Software in the English language.
Become an expert in hands-on shading assessments and site surveying with our new training course.
The UK's Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS) has now released their Solar PV Guide called 'Guide to the Installation of Photovoltaic (PV) Systems' detailing new requirements for solar PV site surveys and shading estimations.
This course will give you grounding in the MCS shading method. Learn how to:
- Perform an MCS site survey.
- Improve your analysis and performance predictions.
- Optimise PV arrays & cable configurations.
- Gain competitive advantage with accurate customer reports.
The course will focus on the practical side of PV design, conducting site assessments and assessing shading risk. We will give you grounding in the theory of the MCS and SAP shading calculations and will show you how to improve this for use in simulation software.
The course includes a free Solar Site Selector tool with adapted foil for making your MCS shading assessments easier. The course will include guidance and practice on using your new device.
Learn how to:
- Conduct MCS-compatible shading assessments* and AC energy predictions.
- Produce alternative digital site assessments with precise shading estimations.
- Assess risks for site surveys.
- Operate a range of site surveying tools on real example buildings.
- Import site data collected into PV*SOL Pro or Expert.
- Alter your designs digitally in 2D and 3D to account for shading impacts.
*Note: All teaching work is done from ground level.
Upcoming Training Sessions:
|Wednesday 17th July 2013
Courses include inputting data into PV*SOL simulation software, which is temporarily loaded onto your own laptop. Alternatively, we are able to loan you a laptop for the course upon request.
It is possible to attend the course without previous PV*SOL experience but we recommend also undertaking our full PV*SOL Training Course to ensure you get the most out of the session.
Courses are run in Mid Wales (Machynlleth) or can be run at your offices exclusively for your company.
By the end of the course you will have undertaken practical examples of conducting assessments and site surveys to put your new knowledge into practice.
Download a sample course structure
Use the MCS shading method
Learn the MCS theory and improve your landscape sketches
Get a free Solar Site Selector
Perform shading calculations with our exclusive MCS-aid foil
Produce precise site surveys
Use a range of tools on real example buildings
Optimise PV designs
Gain competitive advantage with professional customer reports